The holidays may be over, but New Year’s Eve is just around the corner. Whether you are throwing a party or staying in to watch the ball drop, we have some delicious drinks for the big night. Pinkies up for these recipes with a splash of sweetness, a little liquor, and a whole lot of coffee. Cheers to 2015!
1. Whiskey, Espresso, Chocolate Whipped Cream
Staying in for the night? Curl up by the fire and ring in the New Year with two best friends: whiskey and espresso. These bold sips marry together for the perfect match in this chocolate topped coffee drink.
Tipsy Mochaccino with Mocha Whipped Cream
– 1 1/2 cups Milk (whatever milk you prefer)
– 4 tablespoons Coconut Sugar (brown or white OK too)
– 1 tablespoon Coffee**
– 4 ounces Irish Whiskey
– Chocolate Sprinkles
– Chocolate Whipped Cream
– 1 pint Heavy Cream
– 1/4 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder (or to taste)
– 1 tablespoon Instant Espresso or Coffee
– Vanilla Stevia Drops to taste (or your sweetener of choice)
Mochaccino Directions: Whisk milk, sugar, cocoa powder, espresso in a saucepan. Bring to a gentle boil. Add whiskey last. Pour into mugs. Top with mocha whipped cream & sprinkles.
Mocha Whipped Cream Directions: Add cream, cocoa, coffee powder & sweetener to a stand mixer bowl. Whisk on low for a few minutes until the cream starts to thicken. As it thickens increase the speed slightly, and then to maximum speed. Whip until you have nice peaks. Sweeten more to taste if necessary.
Recipe from Familyfreshcooking.com
**Try Conduit’s Westlake Avenue with notes of creamy chocolate and brown sugar to make this drink a decadent dessert with every sip.
It’s been a good year. Kick your feet up, relax, and enjoy a boozy coffee drink drizzled with butterscotch. You’ve earned it.
Bourbon Butterscotch Latte
– 8 oz. strong or extra bold coffee**
– 1 oz. bourbon
– 1 oz. butterscotch sauce
– 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream, cold
To make the drink:
- Brew coffee according to your machine. Add butterscotch to coffee and mix to combine. Pour bourbon in the coffee and mix to combine. Transfer coffee to something with a spout for easy pouring. Set aside.
To make the foam
- Place heavy whipping cream in bottom of glass and use this or the blender attachment on a hand mixer and beat cream until soft peaks form, about 1-1 ½ minutes.
- Tilt cup with foam at angle and pour coffee along the wall of the cup to leave the foam as undisturbed as possible. Finish with butterscotch drizzling on top.
Recipe from Endless Simmer
**Lighthouse Roaster’s Choice is a delicious, bold coffee that would pair nicely with your bourbon and butterscotch.
Stick with a classic this New Year’s Eve, and shake up a chilled espresso martini with smooth Kahlua and crisp vodka. This fancy martini is perfect for your sophisticated guests or a special treat for yourself while watching fireworks.
– 2 shots (about 1.5 ounces each) espresso**
– 2 ounces vodka
– 3 ounces Kahlua
– Coffee beans for garnish
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and pour in the espresso, vodka and Kahlua. Shake until chilled. Pour into two chilled glasses. Garnish with a few coffee beans.
Recipe from A Beautiful Mess
**Go for Longshoreman’s Daughter’s Ethiopian Yirgacheffe to add a fancy touch to this classic cocktail.
We hope you all have a great New Year’s Eve! We are toasting to each and every one of you for being the coolest coffee drinkers ever.
Putting Sparkles on our New Year’s Mug,
See the article here: https://beanbox.co/blog/dress-new-years-eve-coffee-drinks/#sthash.i2LW7dqN.dpbs